- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.
Well, I guess I don’t mind revealing a few more things, but remember, random is the operative word.
- My knees are starting to give out, despite the fact that I’m convinced, and have told them so, that they’re definitely too young for this to be happening.
- When I was in Grade 9 I took typing, and for a year I typed everything that anybody said to me in my head, at approximately 130 words per minute.
- I learned to swim when I was twenty-nine years old. I signed myself up for beginners adult lessons being offered at the local YM/YWCA. I was very proud of myself and pleased with the program, particularly since I had been so disappointed with the aerobics class (which consisted of a woman in her seventies teaching us how to dance with flowing scarves).
- I am a bit of a chocoholic. I do not have anxiety attacks if there is none in the house, but I have been known to whimper – just loudly enough for someone to get in his car and drive to the drugstore. He’s a good man, he is, and I do not even have to explain to him about seratonin.
- Speaking of drugstores, I once flew out of the drugstore with an emergency purchase which we were in a frantic hurry to deliver to someone. I flung myself into the car yelling something along the lines of, “Let’s move it!” Unfortunately, it was a similar but wrong car, with a similar but wrong man at the wheel. It has never happened since.
- My mother taught me how to paint and wallpaper when I was a child, then she progressed to teaching me all things relative to repairs/maintenance (my dad had died when I was little). Caretakers in apartment buildings where I lived as a young woman used to borrow things out of my toolbox. I never understood all the fuss about feminism. Just do it.
- Sometimes I tip over for no apparent reason. I should probably look into that, but in the meantime, it’s a source of amusement for the family.
- This last one may help you to understand me a little bit better, and if it does, could you please let me in on it? Several months ago, teenage son, in all seriousness, asked me: “Mom, why is it you know so many things that no one else knows, but you never seem to know anything that everyone else knows?” What could I say, except, “I don’t know”?
I’m breaking the rules here and won’t be tagging eight people, but if you read this and want to do the meme, just tell us in the combox, and we’ll head over to read all about you! Until next time, I remain, yours truly, the tippy one with unreliable knees, the one who used to float through a room like Isadora Duncan.